The WALK is held on Saturday, February 24th, 2018, and provides each participant the opportunity to:
- walk 2, 5, or 10km
- fundraise much needed money for a local, hard-serving charity.
- feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness – particularly during the winter.
We are hoping that you will participate in our Coldest Night of the Year walk-a-thon in at least one of four ways.
1. Enter a team of friends and family members and try and collect a few donations for Parkland Food Bank. We are looking to have 40 teams register.
2. Join a team already registered in the walk and collect a few donations for the food bank. Parkland Food Bank has a team that is available for individuals who want to participate.
3. Find a team or a walker that is registered for the event and consider donating $25 to encourage them as they prepare to walk Feb. 24 no matter what the weather brings. Thank you for you continued support of Parkland Food Bank!!! Help us spread the word on our walk-a-thon as we come to the last couple of days!
4. Volunteer for the event. We are looking for a variety of volunteers from walker registration to keeping everyone one the right path on the walking route.
To register, donate or sign up to volunteer please follow our link: