Posted onAugust 29, 2020 by parklandfup
The purpose of Parkland Food Bank is to address food insecurity among residents of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Parkland County by providing weekly access to healthy food, to individuals and families in short term, long term and emergency situations.
Do you have a passion to make a difference in the community?
Are you passionate about working with diverse individuals?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Parkland Food Bank operations. We simply could not provide the services we do without the members of our community stepping up to give their time and talents week after week. In 2019 we had 193 individuals volunteer with us, providing 16,000 hours of assistance.
Volunteer Supervisor will manage volunteer programs and provide leadership in the effective engagement of volunteers to further the mission of PFB.
How to apply:
Both cover letter and resume is required by interested candidates and is to be emailed to email@example.com . Resumes without cover letters will be discarded. Competition will remain open until Sept. 11, 2020 4:00pm.
Job Type: Part-time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Supervisor to join our team. This is a part-time position based out of Spruce Grove, Alberta. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Attracting and retaining volunteers whose values and philosophy are aligned with those of the PFB
- Increasing volunteers’ understanding about PFB’ mission and goals
- Determine organizational needs that volunteers could fill
- Develop public awareness of our volunteer program
- Develop and update volunteer management materials such as volunteer screening practices, orientation, and training manual
- Recruit, interview, select and evaluate volunteers
- Provide orientation and training for volunteers
- Supervise volunteers or provide support for the other staff who supervise volunteers
- Develop targeted volunteer recognition programs and activities
- Maintaining daily schedule for volunteers
- Update and maintain the volunteer database
- Evaluate volunteer attraction and retention programs
- Assist Executive Director with volunteer management for major food bank fundraising events
A successful Volunteer Supervisor will possess the following specialized skills, knowledge and characteristics:
- A demonstrated commitment to volunteerism
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative- capable of identifying priorities and adjust to deadlines and demands
- An outgoing, energetic and optimistic manner; servant heart/ service focus
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to balance the needs of the organization with the needs and interests of the volunteers
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Patience and tact in dealing with others
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
They should enjoy helping others, compiling information and maintaining contact with other agencies, and developing innovative approaches to resolve challenges.
There are no education requirements for this position but Volunteer Supervisor needs very strong computer skills (PFB works in a Microsoft (PC) environment using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher along with Volgistics Volunteer Management Program) together with the following management skills:
- Interviewing skills
- Training, coaching, team building and leadership skills
- Planning and administrative skills
- Marketing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Days and Hours
Some of the work may be done from home with the expectation that volunteer interviewing and training would fall around the food bank open hours.
This positions requires some evening emailing with last minute volunteer schedule changes.
Parkland Food Bank is open the following hours:
- Tuesdays 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Wednesdays 8:30 am – 1:30 pm & 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm
- Fridays 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturdays 8:30 am – 12:30 pm