Host an Event
Thank you for supporting Parkland Food Bank Society. Proceeds and food collected at your event will provide hope and assistance in the Tri-Region.
Are you holding a Food Drive or Fundraising Event?
Please click the links below for logos and poster you can use or print for your events:
If you would like us to help advertise your event please take a moment and post your event on our Events Calendar! This is your chance to get the word out into the community about your event. Make sure to create a specific title for your event, add a poster or image, and sell your event to the community. This is what we will use to share on social media as well.
Hamper items always accepted
- Baby formula
- Gluten free foods
- Lactose free milk (non refrigerated)
- Canned/dried beans: chickpeas, black beans, white beans, red kidney beans
- Canned/dried lentils
- Chunk light tuna and salmon
- Canned turkey, chicken, ham
- Canned tomatoes, tomato paste
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- 100% juice
- Canned pumpkin
- Whole grain pasta
- Brown rice, instant brown rice
- Rolled oats
- Yellow corn meal
- Peanut butter
- Pasta sauce
- Canned soup
- Ready to eat soup/pasta
- Pork & beans
Hamper items always accepted
- Whole grain crackers
- Whole grain/low sugar cereal
- Oils: olive or canola
- Reduced sodium chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- “Lite” coconut milk
- All purpose flour
- Vinegar: white, apple cider
- Condiments: salad dressing, ketchup, mustard, pancake syrup, etc.
Other items we accept
- Hand Soap
- Body Wash
- Hand Lotion
- Toilet Paper
- Baby Food
- Infant Formula
- Diapers (most needed are sizes 4, 5 and 6)
Household Cleaning Supplies
- Laundry Soap
- All Purpose Cleaners
Items Not Accepted
Due to health and safety regulations we cannot accept the following food items:
- Home canned items/preserves
- Wild meat
- Expired products
- Farm Eggs
How to Best Help
Do to a dramatic increase in client use in the past 4 years, Parkland Food Bank is facing a warehouse space crisis. To maintain our current hamper program takes 21 pallets of dry goods every month. Currently our warehouse facility can store up to 40 pallets of food, meaning we can barely store two months of food in our facility at peak capacity.
To see us through this crisis, we ask that you help by considering a financial donation instead of purchasing food. This helps by:
- Purchasing exactly what we need, when we need it;
- Saves precious warehouse space and volunteer manpower as all donated food needs to be inspected and sorted;
- Helps us leverage bulk purchasing, stretching your donor dollar farther;
- Gives you a tax receipt to save you money at the end of the year!
With a $100 donation, we can provide a monthly food hamper for a household (we average 720 of those hampers every month). Through other partnerships, we are able to add meat, milk and eggs to that monthly food hamper as well.
We also offer weekly access to perishable food items such as yogurt, frozen goods, bread, pastries, produce, personal care products, diapers, formula, baby food and feminine hygiene products through our Food Rescue Program, gleaning those unsaleable products from local grocery stores and food distributors.
We thank you very much for your ongoing support as we look to be a community where no one goes hungry!
Where to Donate
Please help us by dropping off your food donation at one of our many special events, local businesses or directly to our warehouse (but please do not leave goods outside).
Drop off at our main warehouse at 105 Madison Cr. Spruce Grove. Please confirm our hours of operation before delivery.
To maximize our trucking resources, we can not arrange pick ups for small amounts of food (i.e. less than 300 lbs).
If you have a large amount (i.e. over 300 lbs.), please contact us to make arrangement and allow a 5-business day window for our trucks to swing out on their route.
- Homegrown Foods (Stony Plain)
- Rona (Spruce Grove)
- Safeway (Spruce Grove)
- Safeway (Stony Plain)
- Save On Foods (Spruce Grove)
- Superstore (Spruce Grove)
- Sobey’s (Spruce Grove)
- St. Andrew United Church (Spruce Grove)
- St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church (Spruce Grove)
- Stony Plain Alliance Church
- North Central Co-op
- Stony Plain Town Office
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church (Spruce Grove)
- Steve’s NoFrills