NEED FOOD DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC?
- New clients must call ahead and book a hamper before picking up. Or, if you are already registered at the food bank, feel free to use the appointment calendar below. Available time slots have a white box with red numbers.
- Be prepared: when you are registering, we will ask some personal questions like income and basic expenses, including rent, mortgage, utilities, childcare etc.
- Once you have called and been approved for a food hamper, we will book you a specific time to pick-up your hamper.
- To provide proper social distancing, we are only allowing those with appointments into the food bank building (1 person per household), at your designated appointment time.
- Please be in the parking lot before your appointment time. You will then be allowed in the reception area for your appointment. If you are late, or miss your appointment, we do not guarantee another time slot.
Emergency Hampers our now provided Once a Month by appointment only for the months of March – September. When the province of Alberta reaches STAGE 3 of the relaunch strategy, we will assess resuming normal programming.
If you have never been to the food bank, please call 780-962-4565 so we can register you and book your appointment.
If you want to make an appointment for today, please call 780-962-4565 to see if any are available.
Please note: The following information is for regular operations once the Covid-19 situation is resolved. Please see above for current operations.
What to expect when you come in
At Parkland Food Bank we do work on a drop in basis so you do not need to book an appointment. When you arrive please see our staff at the front reception desk to register. Once you are registered, you may help yourself to bread and extra pantry items off the shelf while you wait for a volunteer to bring your order out to you. Please don’t forget to bring your own bags! If there is anything in the hamper you would not use, we ask you to leave it behind so we can put it back on our shelves for someone else.
You may come once a month for a Full Hamper.
These hampers contain pantry items, milk, meat, and eggs as well as produce and pastry.
Any week you are not getting a full hamper, you are eligible to receive a weekly hamper of bread, produce and pastry .
This contains some produce, pastry and either some frozen products or pantry items depending on what we have available. You may also help yourself to bread and extra pantry items off the front shelf.
No home or kitchen? We have the H2 Weekly Hamper Program to help you as well.
For clients that have no cooking appliances or refrigeration, we provide a hamper of ready to eat, non-perishable foods, that can be accessed once a week.
Hours of Operation
The Parkland Food Bank provides food assistance to residents of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and Parkland County. To receive assistance, you must be eligible and registered at the food bank. Eligibility is dependent on proof of residence and financial need.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday 9:00am until noon
Wednesday 9:00am until noon
Wednesday 6:30pm until 8:00 pm
Friday 9:00am until noon
Friday 1:00pm until 3:30pm
Saturday 9am until noon
Clients MUST be at the food bank at least 15 minutes before we close in order to get a hamper.
Parkland Food Bank will be closed for the following holidays:
Good Friday: April 10, 2020
Canada Day: July 1, 2020
Remembrance Day: November 11, 2020
Christmas Break: Last day open: Dec. 22, 2020, Reopen day: January 5, 2021
What to bring in to register
What to bring in to register:
All new client registrations are currently being done over the phone until the Covid-19 situation is resolved. New clients call 780-962-4565 to register for food assistance.
All information will be kept confidential and no copies will be kept on file. New clients must be at the food bank to register at least 1/2 an hour before closing times. Identification
- One piece of ID is needed for EACH household member.
- Alberta Health Care Cards, Drivers License, Birth Certificate OR Passports qualify.
Proof of Income (whatever is relevant to you)
- Earned Income
- Social Assistance
- Child Support
- Disability Income
- Child Tax Credit
Proof of Expenses (whatever is relevant to you)
- Debt Payment
- Child Support/Alimony
We do require that every client update their file once a year from registration date.
- Volunteer transportation
- Assistance with Utilities
A minimum of three days notice is required to be matched with a volunteer.
- Employment Assistance
- Workshops for resumes and cover letters, interview skills, job search.
- Available computers, fax machines, photocopier for use.
Westgrove Building, 101, 131 – 1st Ave
Victim Services Society
- Emergency transportation to a shelter
- Police liaison
- Court Support
Money Mentors – 1-888-294-0076
Debt Management Programs
- Planning Healthy Family Meals – Meal planning and shopping tips to help you organize and prepare meals for your family on a tight budget.
- Doing More With Less – Ideas on how to eat well even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on food.
Family and Community Support Services
- Counselling services
- AISH Application Assistance
- Housing Guide
- Income Tax Clinic
- Home Support Services
- Community Kitchen
Spruce Grove Stony Plain
Dear Food Bank Staff, Volunteers and Supporters, You have all been a God-send to me this past year in dealing with financial difficulties and hardships. You have made life much easier to manage with all the help, assistance and work you have given me and our communities. It has made a world of difference! Thank… Read more »
Dec. 26, 2016
This is to all the awesome, amazing people who give their time and money to the Food Bank. I myself have recently been on medical for the last five months. All I’m entitled to (after paying taxes for the last 34 years) is $625 a month. I try. I fill out paperwork and wait, dot… Read more »