Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do when the request line is busy?
Please be patient as our phones are very busy. The phone lines are the busiest in the morning. Please leave 1 clear voicemail message with your name and phone number, and someone will call you back.
The food bank only takes hamper request through the Hamper Request Phone Line. We cannot process hamper requests from social media or voicemails on administration lines. Please be patient, we’ll get to you as soon as we can!
What happens if I miss my pick-up time?
• It is extremely important that you arrive only at your assigned pick-up time!
• If you arrive earlier than the assigned time you will be asked to wait.
• If you arrive later than the assigned time, you will be asked to reschedule for another time.
• If you arrive without an appointment, you may be asked to exit the line, call the hamper request line and return at your designated time slot.
Can someone else pick up my hamper?
Absolutely. We just need you to tell us who will be picking up your food.
How often can I get a hamper?
You may receive a hamper once every calendar month.
- Volunteer transportation
- Assistance with Utilities
A minimum of three days notice is required to be matched with a volunteer.
- Employment Assistance
- Workshops for resumes and cover letters, interview skills, job search.
- Available computers, fax machines, photocopier for use.
Westgrove Building, 101, 131 – 1st Ave
Victim Services Society
- Emergency transportation to a shelter
- Police liaison
- Court Support
Money Mentors – 1-888-294-0076
Debt Management Programs
There may be food in your hamper that is past the best before date. Here are the guidelines we strive to follow in regards to food past the best before date.
- Planning Healthy Family Meals – Meal planning and shopping tips to help you organize and prepare meals for your family on a tight budget.
- Doing More With Less – Ideas on how to eat well even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on food.
Family and Community Support Services
- Counselling services
- AISH Application Assistance
- Housing Guide
- Income Tax Clinic
- Home Support Services
- Community Kitchen
Spruce Grove Stony Plain Parkland County
780-962-7618 780-963-8583 780-968-8888
This is to all the awesome, amazing people who give their time and money to the Food Bank. I myself have recently been on medical for the last five months. All I’m entitled to (after paying taxes for the last 34 years) is $625 a month. I try. I fill out paperwork and wait, dot… Read more »
Dear Food Bank Staff, Volunteers and Supporters, You have all been a God-send to me this past year in dealing with financial difficulties and hardships. You have made life much easier to manage with all the help, assistance and work you have given me and our communities. It has made a world of difference! Thank… Read more »