Parkland Food Bank Society
Job Title: Truck Driver-Part Time
Reports to: Fleet Coordinator
105 Madison Cr. Box 5213, Spruce Grove, AB, T7X 3A3
Parkland Food Bank Society serves to receive and distribute food to individuals and families in Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Parkland County, as well as Partner Agencies which are non-profit, charitable organizations serving those in need.
Today Parkland Food Bank provides over 400,000 kg’s of food each year to those in need.
The PFB is seeking an experienced Driver to join our team. In this role, you will handle, move, load and unload goods by hand or with a variety of handling equipment. You will be collecting food from donor locations for delivery to the Food Bank, as well as dropping off supplies to community partners to hold food drives on our behalf. Must be available to drive Monday through Saturday, up to 15 hours per week.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure safety and reliability. Fuel trucks at card-lock locations. Report any vehicle issues to the Fleet Coordinator;
- Operate and drive food bank cube van to pick up and deliver food products as scheduled, following all food safety regulations. Organize and secure food in the vans to maximize efficiency and load distribution;
- Maintain rapport with donors and/or their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship;
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse as required;
- On return to the warehouse; unload the van, weigh goods and record information on the daily record sheet if loading dock volunteers are unavailable;
- Work with Warehouse Coordinator or Fleet Coordinator to schedule all extra pick-ups.
- Proper safety footwear is required;
- Physically fit and knowledge of proper lifting techniques required to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis;
- Will need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking and climbing stairs during the day;
- Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist On-the-road with frequent stops at agencies, suppliers, and donors. Working in all weather conditions on truck lift gates, parking lots, docks, and in donor/supplier warehouses and store back-ends;
- Frequent exposure to changes in temperature conditions;
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Alberta Drivers License Class 5
- 1-2 Years of Professional Truck Driving Experience, Highly Preferred
Hours of work:
- Monday through Saturday: 7:15am – 11:15am
- $18 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Candidates shortlisted for interview are required to produce a Drivers Abstract and Claims History.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. The Parkland Food Bank Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.