At Parkland Food Bank Society (PFB), our purpose is to make healthy food accessible to residents of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and Parkland County. PFB is currently the fifth largest food bank in Alberta and is preparing for continued growth in both client usage and facility over the next three years.
Our focus is centered around the principle of being attentive to the needs of clients and adjusting our processes and approaches with them in mind. PFB is empowered by our local community support to meet the needs of our clients. As such we look to enable our community through creating engaging and rewarding volunteer opportunities. In 2022 we had 236 volunteer 15,837 hours. An average of 120 volunteer schedule openings every week!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
PFB Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible to onboard new volunteers, keep a database of volunteer information and skills, match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, maintain the volunteer work schedule, keep our volunteers informed, within the context of the Vision and Mission of the society.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. This is a full-time position based out of Spruce Grove, Alberta. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Select and onboard volunteers whose values and philosophy are aligned with those of the PFB.
- Increase volunteers’ understanding about PFB mission and goals.
- Work with PFB departments to identify and create new volunteer roles.
- Maintain volunteer management materials such as volunteer screening practices, orientation, and training manual. Work with PFB departments to create new materials as needed.
- Ensure volunteers understand their responsibilities and organize on-the-job training with appropriate Supervisors.
- Develop targeted volunteer recognition programs and activities.
- Meet with volunteers to assess their progress and satisfaction, as well as to conduct skills audits.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work.
- Update and maintain the volunteer database.
- Ensure volunteer attraction and retention programs are monitored.
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large.
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Working at signature fundraising events to coordinate volunteers.
- Attending public events when there is an opportunity to attract new volunteers.
- Occasional overtime.
- Occasional outdoor work.
- A certificate in business management, human resources, or a related field.
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment
- Working knowledge of databases and Microsoft 365.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and team-building skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire.
- Human Resource certification to advise on paid staffing program is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $54,080 – 60,320 annually
Hours of work may vary and can include evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
Both cover letter and resume are required by interested candidates and are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.